For the uninitiated, a urologist specializes in the treatment of conditions and diseases related to the urinary system and male reproductive system. In many cases, general physicians may recommend a patient to see a urologist in Queens New York, while in other cases, there could be tell-a-tale signs of urinary system problems. In this post, we are sharing a few signs that you definitely need to see a urologist.
- Urinary Tract Infection. Simply called a UTI, Urinary Tract Infection is common in men and women alike. It often has symptoms like painful urination, frequent urge to urinate, and burning sensation in the penis or vagina. In most cases, the treatment plan includes antibiotics.
- Kidney stones. For any kind of kidney problems, you will have to see a urologist anyway. Kidney stones have a few typical symptoms, such as stomach pain, urine bleeding, and pain in the back. Check with a urologist if you see any of these symptoms.
- Urine changes. While this may be normal at times, you should see a urologist, if you find blood in the urine, or the urine seems cloudy. Blood in urine could be a result of bladder, kidney or any other infection, besides being a sign of cancer.
- Urinary incontinence. This is another common problem in men and women alike, which may cause a person to urinate more frequently than usual and prone to leaking. For instance, if you find yourself leaking while laughing or sneezing, it could be a sign of urinary incontinence.
- Enlarged prostate. This is one of the common problems in older men, which may have symptoms like needing to urinate frequently, blood in urine, problems and pain while urinating, and back pain.
If you have any of these signs, check with a urologist at the earliest to get the correct diagnosis.