Aromasin (exemestane) belongs to a group of medicines that are known as aromatase inhibitors. It is legally approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating postmenopausal women diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive, early-stage breast cancer, returning of breast cancer, and postmenopausal women diagnosed with advanced-stage or metastatic hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer.
If you have any of these medical conditions, you can consume Aromasin after consulting with your concerned doctor.
Benefits of Aromasin
According to a study (IES- Intergroup Exemestane Study), taking Aromasin for 2-3 years after taking tamoxifen for 2-3 years (a total of 5 years of hormonal therapy medicine) is better to
- Increase the time before the returning of cancer in those postmenopausal women who experience a recurrence
- Reduce the risk of development of new cancer in the other breast for postmenopausal women diagnosed with hormone-receptor-positive and early-stage breast cancer.
According to research published in 2011, Aromasin can lower the risk in high-risk postmenopausal women who’ve never been diagnosed with breast cancer. Medical experts also believe the same. They believe that Aromasin can be a good alternative to tamoxifen and Evista, but it is not legally approved by the FDA for this use.
Aromasin comes as an orally taken tablet. It is directly taken by mouth with water after the meal. Normally, doctors suggest you take 25mg Aromasin every day, but if you want to consume more than that, you should consult your doctor first. He/she can suggest you the best.
A few important things that you need to remember are:
- Take Aromasin at or around the same time every day after having a meal.
- Try not to forget even a single dose.
- If you forget to take your daily dose, try to take it as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
- Don’t try to take two doses at or around the same time as it can be very dangerous for your health.
- Do not stop taking Aromasin unless your doctor tells you.
Like other drugs, this medicine also has some different side-effects. We can categorize those side-effects into four different parts that are: Serious, Common, Uncommon, and Rare.
The serious side-effects can be a reduction in estrogen level and inflammation of the liver (hepatitis).
The common side-effects involve depression, difficulty in sleeping, headache, dizziness, muscle, loss of appetite, vomiting, indigestion, constipation, hair loss, and thinning of bones leading to bone fractures.
The uncommon side-effects involve allergic reactions such as skin rash, hives and itchiness, and swollen hands and feet
The rare side-effects involve drowsiness.
Generally, most of these side-effects occur when you take Aromasin inappropriately and without the consultation of your doctor. Apart from this, when you buy Aromasin exemestane which is not legally authorized, you most likely experience these side-effects. So, to avoid these side-effects, make sure you buy the right drug and consult with your concerned doctor. He/she will surely suggest what’s best for your health. If he/she will recommend you not to take this drug, you should not take this otherwise it can be very dangerous for you.